Rhinoplasty is a type of surgical operation performed to reshape the nose and increase its functionality. Our nose is an organ that is located in the center of our face and is very important in terms of aesthetic integrity. The nose is our gateway to the breath. In addition to aesthetics, the functionality of the nose increases our quality of breath and therefore our quality of life.
WHY SHOULD YOU PREFER RHINOPLASTY
- Rhinoplasty is one of the most preferred aesthetic operations because thanks to Rhinoplasty, a better appearance, and a healthy and easy breath are achieved. In this way, your quality of life will increase significantly.
- If you have had an accident that damaged your nose in the past or you have congenital problems, Rhinoplasty will be your savior.
- If the shape of your nose is not compatible with your face and if you have curvatures and asymmetry on your nose, Rhinoplasty will make your nose look compatible and beautiful with your facial structure.
- The shape of your nose affects your appearance in many ways, from your smile to your facial expression. A better appearance will increase your self-confidence, so it will help you mentally.
- If you have extra flesh in your nose, you may have significant problems breathing, especially at night. Rhinoplasty also solves this problem.
- Since Rhinoplasty allows you to breathe comfortably by opening your nose, your snoring problem will disappear.
RHINOPLASTY SURGERY METHODS
There are various methods and techniques for rhinoplasty. However, recently two of them are in the highest demand.
Closed rhinoplasty is the most common rhinoplasty method. The incisions are hidden inside the nose without external scars. When the surgeon lifts the soft tissue gently upward, the bone and cartilage become accessible to perform the necessary changes.
The technical methods are similar once the inside structure is visualized for open or closed rhinoplasty. There are several advantages to having a closed rhinoplasty since it is a less-invasive method. These advantages are: reduced nasal tissue irritation, reduced probability of nasal support reduction, smaller probability of post-operative edema, lessened detectable scarring, less time spent in the operating room, faster post-operative recovery.
Open rhinoplasty is for patients who need extensive work done to the nose. Your surgeon will make incisions in the skin between your nostrils underneath your nose. This area is called the columella. Then, the skin is lifted to reveal the inside of the nasal cavity. It gives your rhinoplasty surgeon access to perform the necessary reshaping.
Where extensive grafting or when revision surgery is needed, you may require open rhinoplasty. If you have issues such as collapsed valves, genetic structural deformities in the nose acquired deformities in the nose, open rhinoplasty would be a better option for you.
Snoring is a condition that is caused by various and multiple reasons. Therefore, the snoring causes are related to the nasal structure itself. If they are, a rhinoplasty operation may indeed stop snoring. However, there are no guarantees that it will not recur because of other causes later in the patient’s life.
Rhinoplasty includes incisions, and every cut on the skin leaves a scar of varying sizes. But there are various techniques to conceal incision scars after the surgery. Thus, if the wounds heal well after the surgery and no infection is involved, the scars should not be noticeable even to an expert eye in many cases after the operation.
Being one of the top destinations for medical tourism, Turkey has a booming, cost-effective, and high-end health and medical services industry. Completed with internationally accredited surgeons and experts with celebrity level reputations, a reliable infrastructure, and very affordable prices of Turkey health and medical services industry quickly offers very high-end services, high standards with very cost-competitive prices.